Right from the beginning, Anita wanted to create a manufacturing company that could build opportunity, community and diversity. Doing what we can for the community and the environment is always top of mind in everything we do.
Committed to the environment
- C-West head office and production facility operate in a LEED compliant building featuring motion sensing LED lighting, electric car chargers, bike racks, green spaces and energy saving features
- We work with FSC certified distributors of raw materials
- We recycle metal, aluminum, beverage containers, plastics, cardboard, zinc and paper.
- We have diverted approximately 6-tonnes of waste from landfill
- We are in the process of aligning with a tree planting service to help offset the wood we use in the shop.
Committed to an inclusive workplace
- We provide equal opportunities and promotions to all employees.
- We support the cabinetmaking apprenticeship program and promote education (CPA and CAD training).
- Employee ages range from 18 years to over 65 years old.
- While fluent in English, we also have employees that speak German, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, Creole and Khmer.
Committed to improving the lives of women
As a certified woman-owned business, we try to find and support initiatives that provide opportunities for women as well as charities that impact families in our community.